Pages

Join The Community

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The secret to a long-lasting marriage...




I found this topic on Talk About Marriage: The secret to a long-lasting marriage? Not getting fat!

While that's obviously not the ONLY key to a good marriage, I can't say I disagree at all. A lot of people in the thread took issue with it, saying their husband likes them just the way they are and the typical lovey-dovey PC response you'd come to expect these days.

Honestly? Fit is sexy. Love is unconditional, attraction isn't. It would take a LOT for me to not be attracted to my wife, so keep in mind I'm talking in extremes here. She's have to put on an astronomical amount of weight for me to reach that point. By that same token, she enjoys seeing me fit. I don't have a problem with that. I'm sure her attraction limits are high with me also. I don't intend to test them though.

I enjoy that "Well, look at you" look I get from my wife whenever my PQ is through the roof. Would she still love me if I ate myself into having the "pack of hot dogs" neck rolls? Sure. Would we still have sex? Probably. Would I still get the "Come get it" twinkle in the eye? Probably not. Call me crazy, but I don't see why you can't have both love and sexual attraction in your marriage.

-Jarrett

0 comments:

Post a Comment